I was shopping for groceries the other day and Libby’s 100% PURE PUMPKIN was screaming my name from across the aisle. I like to get creative with recipes. Who doesn’t?! Here’s a seasonal one that’s perfect for the season and bursting with flavor.
This recipe is healthy! and not to mention, simple. With only 5 ingredients and around 150 calories for one GIANT pancake, you can’t go wrong.
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup (the serving size) of 100% PURE pumpkin
- 1/4 cup of liquid egg whites
- 1/2 scoop of MET-RX cookies and cream whey protein or your favorite whey protein
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pumpkin Spice
- Optional: Natural sweetener
*Adjust the amount accordingly to fit your needs. I had this post workout and wanted to make one giant pancake.
– Mix 100% PURE Pumpkin, liquid egg whites, and MET-Rx protein powder together with a spatula. You can use a blender if you would prefer, but the consistency of these ingredients mix perfectly by hand. Stir in the baking powder. Continue to stir as you add in as much pumpkin spice as you’d like because it’s Thanksgiving– or even add a little bit of sweetener. Add water slowly, but keep the batter thick!
(Stop for a second. Taste test this awesomeness and get excited to cook it!).
Turn your stove on medium heat/flame. Pour batter on (it should be thick!) and let cook for about 3 minutes. Flip your perfectly pleasant protein pancake and lower the heat just a little bit. Cook until desired fluffiness. Let cool.
Top with SF Syrup, or your favorite toppings of choice!